Monday, March 7, 2011

Peace and Fulfillment

I have had issues with anxiety for a long time.
I remember as a young kid, my mind racing.
And not the racing that most think of.
But the racing of the days events, playing in my head, too fast to comprehend.
Too fast, that I would shake, or become terrified.
It would race of the future.
My body would become tense.
I would feel like I was almost losing it.
And I wouldn't be able to sleep.
Now.
I am learning to manage it without perscription medication.
I have learned to breathe through it.
Through the tears I want to cry
Through the range of emotions I feel.
One of the best things about the day treatment program was the acupuncture.
We would sit and meditate after that for about a half hour.
Breathing in and out.
And letting our minds just rest.
I now love to meditate.
I try and do it everyday.
On the way to work.
Or on the way home.
Right before bed.
Any time I feel anxious.
I am also learning how important it is to rely on my Heavenly Father.
He will meet my needs.
He will make sure I am fulfilled.
I am learning so much about His love for me.
How much He loves me.
He is my Father and I am so blessed to know Him.
I find our relationship becoming deeper.
As I try and become the best person I can be,
He helps me in knowing that He will make sure I am ok.
No matter what happens in my life,
He will guide me.
He will protect me.
He will love me.
And He will meet my needs.
Maybe not in my time,
But definately in His.

I got to spend the weekend with my sister and my beautiful niece.
At 3, she is so smart.
I love watching her be so engaged in everything she does.
Her imagination amazes me.
The world is so beautiful through her eyes.
We splashed in puddles on our walk.
And pretended the blocks were a tower.
We watched Cinderlla.
And we were all princesses.
I got smooches and hugs.
Lots of "I love you"s
Man I am going to miss her something fierce.
But she reminded me how to look at life.
To just live it.
Fully.
And to remember that God will take care of me.

No comments: