Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Homesick

It is always about this time of the year- where I find myself homesick.
And even though my home is long gone (my childhood home) and there isn't a place that I can call my home right now (other than my apartment), I crave what life used to be during the holiday season.

I recall one of my favorite childhood memories:
We were going to Salt Lake City for Christmas.
We had to take two cars. We had so much stuff.
So my daddy and I drove in the red jeep wagoner all the way to SLC.
We listened to George Strait tapes.
I feel asleep with my head in his lap.
We talked and had the best time.


I just want to be with my family.
I miss my daddy.
I miss both sets of grandparents.
I miss my brother and sister.
I miss my aunts and uncles.


I miss my friends.
I don't have many here.
And I miss those nights when everyone was together
When I had people to talk to
Hang out with
Enjoy life with.

I guess this is all part of growing up-
But I'd give my right arm right now to have my family close by.

No comments: