Saturday, May 2, 2009

My Muse

Last night, as I waited for Thomas to get off work, I decided to start sorting my iTunes.  As of right now, I have 1661 songs on there- which doesn't even touch 1/3 of my music library.  I honestly think if I put all my music on the computer- our computer would crash.  Tom insists that I clean out my library of music I don't listen to, but that is so hard for me to even fathom.  I love music too much and even if I don't listen to it now- one day I will want to.  Music for me is most woman's clothing or shoes. 

Anyhow, last night, I managed to narrow down my 1661 songs to 230 of my favorite ones of all time- or just right now.  It was a tough decision... and now I've decided to narrow down my top 10 songs that remind me of Thomas... for today.    

So- today- I am madly in love, relax, anxious and happy.  Let's see what this list becomes and why....

In no particular order:

1)Love You 'Till The End- The Progues- not only was this the first chick flick Tom watched with me but it also describes to a tee how I feel about my husband.  *goosebumps*

2)Holdin' On- Citizen's Cope- Great song to listen to while the rain is falling and I think it is terribly romantic. *sigh*

3)Sparks- Coldplay- Another rainy day song... but love the lyrics and how it makes me feel... so happy :)

4)Don't Wait- Dashboard Confessionals- This will always be one of my favorite songs.  It started with me in Denver- with B (one of the guys I worked with) wrote the lyrics on a napkin for me- and took me all the way here... Don't wait...

5)My Heart is Yours- Dave Matthews- The soft melody almost brings tears to my eyes- the lyrics do.  A perfect example of my love for Thomas.  
"When you hold my hand time stands still When the hurt and the pain fills my heart It's your love that heals When I'm feeling this feeling inside I know that it's true That every single beat of my heart Is beating for you."

6)I Miss You- Incubus- Great for driving in the rain... Love love love this song

7)Better Together- Jack Johnson- It is the theme song to our love :)

8)Annie's Song- John Denver- This was played at our wedding... the best day of my life thus far... I am so in love with Tom

9)Making Memories of Us- Keith Urban- I love making memories with Tom... I can hardly wait to see where we end up... I am so excited to see us 50 years from now.

10)I Melt- Rascal Flatts- So many memories behind this song.  Sets the perfect romantic mood for a rainy day.  

Now I could go... I could put our song "Everything" by Micheal Buble.  I could put his ringtone which is Wrapped Up in You by Garth Brooks and a hundred other songs... lol... but I will stop here.  

He is my muse.  
I am so very lucky to be his wife.  
I can't wait until we are sealed!!!! 


No comments: