Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Get some!

I know it has been a bit since I last wrote here.
Life has been crazy, and it has finally started to calm down.
Well sort of.
IOP is over.
Now it is just therapy.
At least one day a week.
And new medication.
At first it was just seroquel.
It is a mood stabilizer and a sedative.
I found myself being heavily sedated in the morning.
So they brought me down to a smaller dose, which only led to the start of another hypomania episode.
So they put me back on 300mg of seroquel and added depokote (another mood stabilizer).
This caused me to be even more sedated than before.
So today, they brought me back down to 150mg and told me to continue with the depokote.
But if I start to experience hypomania, I need to increase my medication.
I hate having to keep going up and down on the meds.
I hate having to take them.
But I would rather take them then feel what I was feeling before.

I hope and pray I can return to work on Monday.
Things just seem a bit more manageable when I have something to focus most of my time towards.
Tom is working a lot.
He has a new job that is keeping him busy on the days he is not at Kohl's.
He is almost done at Kohl's and I can hardly wait.
He seems happier at the new place.

I have lost almost 50 pounds.
I am walking a lot with my MIL.
I am planning on running a 5K in October with Tom's brother Lee and Victoria.
I love feeling better.
Healthier.
I am eating better.
Doing more.
My back hardly hurts anymore.
And I want to be another 50 pounds lighter before we try and make babies again.
So I have got some goals to work at.

Well thats the update for now.
Hope all is well with you and yours.

XOXO

No comments: