Friday, April 22, 2011

Incoherent

Where to begin?
   I was diagnosed with bipolar ii over a year ago, by a doctor that I had a lot of respect for.  He has since gone on a medical leave, leaving me to be swallowed whole by the bureaucracy of the medical system.
   I've never had a hypomania or mania episode until recently. I'm not even positive that this is that. I can only go off the research I can find online or at the local bookstore. My thoughts are racing. Too many at once. They are just firing out of control and this makes me feel sick. I remember having these as a kid. Racing, rapid, firing thoughts about everything. Everything would slow down as my brain would try and grasp what it was I was trying to figure out. It is happening now. Going on 3 weeks today. Sleep seems to elude me. I crave it. I miss it. I miss my dreams. And I feel like I'm about to lose control. Any moment now it'll happen. If T sniffles one more time. If the cat jumps across me again.... Working is not an option. I can barely keep myself together. My husband is my reason. I've tried to reach out. Called the mental health department for 2 weeks before getting a call back. Once I did, it was an on-call doctor who gave me seroquel and told me to call back after the weekend. Did that and I got an appointment with my psychiatrist who spent less than 10 minutes with me, upped my dosage of seroquel and told me to meet with a therapist. The following day, I met with a therapist and within 10 minutes was telling me I wasn't bipolar and I just had mommy issues. I left feeling so confused and still unsure of what to do. So I called the advice line and was told to see my primary care physician, who told me today that she couldn't help me. Mental health won't excuse me from work and now I am going to lose my job. Awesome. More stress. Do I need to lose it to get help? Do I need to start cutting again? Can't a girl get some help? I am trying to reach out before it gets to be too much. I'm not sure how much more I can take. 
  I've taken 400mg of seroquel tonight, with the hopes it calms my brain. Praying it sedates me. I'm not sure if I can be alone with my thoughts one more night. Yet, I don't seem to have a choice. I keep being brought back to this place. Despair. Hopelessness. Grief. And yet, I have all this pent up energy. I feel like I could explode any moment. My thoughts are crazy. Irrational. Horrifying even. 

I am stuck.
Someone please deliver me.

No comments: