Friday, August 21, 2009

Hope

If you lose hope, somehow you lose the vitality that keeps life moving, you lose that courage to be, that quality that helps you go on in spite of it all. And so today I still have a dream.
- Martin Luther King, Jr
"Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer."
- Romans 12:12

I often wonder if it is hope that creates a road block in my life. I always hope for the best- for things to come out the "right" way. Is there a right way? While some days it is hope that keeps me going strong- it is also hope that breaks my heart over and over again. I wish I could find myself in a place where hope doesn't make or break me- but that is the only thing I have at some points. I have to hope life will get better- I have to hope that I will accomplish all that I set out to do. I have to hope that I am going in the right direction. I have to hope that I will have the relationships with my family that I want. I have to hope that all my dreams will come true. And when it doesn't happen- when I get so low it hurts too much to move- or when I no longer am sure of the direction I am taking- or when I am finding it nearly impossible to accomplish all that I want- or when I can't seem to stop making mistakes- my heart breaks. It shatters. And I am left to put it back together again... Hope has left me tired and vunerable. There has to come a point when I will no longer hope. However, I have faith that God will bless me in His time.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." ~HEBREWS 11:1

No comments: