Monday, November 10, 2008

Sunday FUN!

So I am finding quite a hard time finding enough time to write about what it is I want to write about. It isn't as though I have kids to take care of (although two grown men do manage to take up quite a bit of time), I only work about 45 hours a week and the rest is devoted to whatever it is that I wish. It has mostly come down to spending time with my most amazing hubby and my favorite in laws. The last month or so, I have been going over to my in-laws on Sundays to learn how to cook. And I have to tell you, I have enjoyed it. More than I thought I would to be honest.

The first Sunday, I learned how to make haystacks (which I duplicated tonight without any problems). And while they are not my favorite- seeing Tom smile and be filled with something other than peanut butter (his choice because he LOVES it more than any other food other than sweets) sandwiches- makes me so very happy.
The following Sunday I learned how to make the infamous Taylor enchiladas. This was my very first meal at the Taylor home and Dad told me that it was a family recipe so he couldn't tell me how he'd make it. Little did he know that a year later, I would be his newest addition into the Taylor household :)










The following Sunday- the family enjoyed an early morning trip to San Fransisco to watch Lee (my brother in law and BFF) and his girlfriend Ads run in the US Half Marathon. We spend the morning wandering the upper part of the Pier and enjoying the cool morning air. We ate breakfast and a hole in the wall diner and just enjoyed the day. After words, we went to celebrate baby Brooklyn's (Tom's niece and now my own) 1st birthday. I still can't believe how big she is gotten. Needless to say, I wasn't able to venture out into the unknown world and try and new cooking recipe.

















Yesterday, I found myself making homemade (from scratch) Apple Pie. It was AWESOME!!! I was so pleased to learn that I can make a pie. I mean, I really did do it. The crust ended up being patch work crust but it came out amazing and with a little vanilla ice cream- I couldn't have been happier with the results.





I think the best part of it all is that I get to spend time with my family. My new family. These are people I have grown to love and respect. The are people I can't imagine my life without. I am so very blessed. I feel like I can go to my new found parents and ask them for advice. My brother in law is also my best friend and my little sister is just that a little sister with no in-lawness attached to it. How much luckier could I have gotten? The most amazing husband and great in-laws---- WOW!!!

1 comment:

Craig and Maggie said...

Congratulations Cassie! You look so happy - positively radiant. And That apple pie looks almost as good. :) I'm glad you found my blog!