Saturday, November 29, 2008

Its the most wonderful time of the year

This is my favorite time of year. I am not a big fan of the cold- but I don't like it to be too hot either. I love the Christmas lights and the joy that seems to encompass people. I love Christmas trees and seeing family all together. It seems to me that this is the only time of year that family finds time to get together. This and weddings :)

Thomas and I had the most wonderful Thanksgiving at Steve and Christine's (we got married in thier backyard) with my mom and Peter (her boyfriend). We left after some amazing pie to come home (Tom had to work Black Friday starting at 6 am and ending at 6 pm), we stopped by his grandparents to grab some "homemade rolls" (which ended up being store bought) and got to see everyone just for a bit. Boy was I stuffed.

And now- my favorite part. It will be lacking snow- once again- but I love Christmas time. I love the lights and the songs and the Spirit that just seems to encompass everyone. Lee and I went and got the very first Taylor tree. We set that up last night :) I am so excited!! I can't wait to continue decorating and getting more and more things to add to our Charlie Brown Tree!!!

Other than that- all is well here. We are moving along. We still don't know when exactly Thomas will lose his job, but we are preparing for it. It is scary knowing that my job isn't very secure either, but somehow I know that our Heavenly Father will bless us. He always does. We look forward to this coming year and hopefully a trip to Casper to visit our niece Morgan on her first birthday (this will also include some much needed R&R time).



Here are just a few pictures of this week's events!!!

Thanksgiving Candle

Lee and Thomas putting the ornaments on

Our Charlie Brown Tree
Our first Christmas house to put on Candycane Lane

No comments: