Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Perfection in Marriage

I LOVE BEING MARRIED!!!! Every aspect of it. I love that I get to come home to this most amazing man and tell him about my day. I love that we try and please each other. I love that he fills all the holes in my life with his smile and laughter. I love that we laugh ALL the time. He is my best friend and I am so thankful! I found this "poem" and immediately thought of what Thomas and I have. How grateful I am!!!

A good marriage must be created.
In the art of marriage.
The little things are the big things...
It is never being too old to hold hands.
It is remembering to say, "I love you"
at least once a day.
It is never going to sleep angry.
It is having a mutual sense of values
and common objectives.
It is standing together facing the world.
It is forming a circle of love that gathers
in the whole family.
It is speaking words of appreciation
and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways.
It is having the capacity to forgive and forget.
It is giving each other an atmosphere
in which each can grow.
It is finding room for the things of the spirit.
It is common search for the good and the beautiful.
It is not only marrying the right partner,
it is being the right partner.
And I personally think they forgot one... having mutual faith and love in God should be number one. I think that if Thomas didn't have the faith he has (whether he knows it or not)- we wouldn't be together. That faith and the endurance our love has for our Heavenly Father has got us through the most difficult times we have had thus far. And while I know those trails have been small compared to what we will go through- it helps to know that we have God on our side. I am so thankful for the Gospel. For the love God reigns on us. It is extraordinary!!!

No comments: