Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wedded bliss #4

Proposal: how it happened, how long were you engaged for? was it a total surprise? pictures of that... etc.


Now this isn't the most romantic proposal ever- but it works for us.

Without going into too much detail :) Tom had come over to my house for my very first missionary discussion. It happened to also be Halloween of 2007. After my first discussion, Tom picked me up and carried me to bed. He then tucked me in and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.

Of course I said yes! But I made a stipulation... he had to ask my daddy.

So the next day, he called my father and asked him if he could marry me.
My dad said yes with the following conditions, he meets Tom and that we were engaged for at least a year.

So that December, Tom and I flew to Denver where my daddy welcomed him into the family.

Not exactly a year later (a year and 3 days after we met), Tom and I were married.

We got sealed for time and all eternity 364 days later.

BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was I surprised? Yes. I didn't expect him to do it that night. We had talk about it- even had promise rings- but I had no idea.

No pictures, but it was one of the greatest moments of my life.

No comments: