Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My Myia....




Two days ago, I recieved an email from my grandmother.
It brought tears to my eyes.

I truly admire this woman and all that she is.
She has been with my grandfather for over 50 years.
Together, the created a beautiful family.
Together, they showed me how to love, how to be honest, how to make a marriage work.
I once asked my grandmother how she kept her marriage together for so long. Her response: " I learn something new about him everyday."
I think that is the most beautiful thing ever.

I wanted to share part of them email she wrote.
It is a very personal but the poem she put in there is amazing.

I love my Myia. I love her so much. She has always been there for me. She has never given up on me. And I am proud to be called her granddaughter. I love you Joan Joslyn. You are my hero.

"I think of you so often - especially when I read from my favorite books of poetry written by a lady from Denver, Helen Lowrie Marshall, who I met in the early 1960's. I was present at two of her "book readings" and in the next few years I collected five of her little books. I have kept them close at hand and often referred to them when I needed a bit of spiritual inspiration. She was a very lovely woman - not only on the outside - but definitely on the inside - a beautiful Christian believer. I would like to share her messages with you each time I come across one that speaks to me of you.
"You're Wonderful"

You're wonderful! Oh yes you are,
And not alone to me,
For wonderful it surely is
That one should even be!

A living breathing, feeling, thinking,
Laughing love you -
Could there be anything more purely
Wonderful come true?

Oh yes, you're wonderful - and I
And all men everywhere
Who, in this awesome thing call life,
Have been allowed to share.

Blest with a heart and mind and soul
And store of memory -
There's no more wondrous thing on earth
Than you, my grandchild, and me.

Hopefully, this will let you know how much I care and that you truly are most precious to me and to your grandfather. May God bless you and keep you safe, healthy and happy!"


P.S. She also takes the most beautiful pictures of me AND cooks the most amazing meals. I wish I could see her more and be in her life more. I just hope she knows how much I truly do love her and my dear grandfather.

No comments: