Sunday, February 22, 2009

This week...

So yesterday, I decided Tom and I needed a little bit of time away from the house and we hadn't had an "us day" in quite sometime... so I convinced him that we were going somewhere at about 11 yesterday morning.  We got ourselves ready- uploaded our new Fastrak (thanks Mom) got in the car and headed out.  I had a plan.  We stopped at the mall and picked up a few essentails to our life that we had been waiting for and then proceeded to go to our date.   

We got to San Fransisco (our destenation) and got lost.  We even had a GPS and everything!!!!  I am chatting with Thomas- trying to figure out where our next turn is... I see a bus to my right, turn right without stopping so I thought it was ok to go... um... no... not so much!  I was running a red light and slamming into someone.  :(  I ripped off my license plate and caused some damage to my front bumper- while the other guy just a scrape to his left end axel.  Everyone was ok... minus Little Red.  
My baby
The other guy's car

I was so upset- I was more worried about the guy and how he was going to react... but he was very cool- saying it added a little adventure into his boring life- and that it allowed him to spend less time at work.  

Thomas and I proceeded onto our date which included a family owned Italian Resturant and visiting Ocean Beach... It was well worth the drive- but I have now vowed to stay out of the city when I drive... haha!

The last few weeks have been great... with some trails and tribulations- but it is only making Thomas and I stronger.  I am so very thankful for my husband.  I can't believe we will be married for 6 months in March! Seems like just yesterday we were planning our wedding.  

Thomas is still looking for work- and my work is FINALLY picking up.  Lee is doing well- he had a great interview with Elderidge Fire Department last week.  It has been busy!  But I would rather be busy than be bored!!!!!  


No comments: